In this episode of “That Work” – SLG Podcast, Joshua and Ryan discuss spirituality, evolving beliefs, and the impermanence of everything with author, podcaster, and theologian Rob Bell, and they answer the following questions:
- What does it mean to ‘own your story’?
- How has Rob’s faith evolved?
- What is the origin of the book title, Everything Is Spiritual?
- What is the ‘wordlessness of grace’?
- What does it mean to ‘hold a place for God’?
- Do you believe in a higher power that can provide comfort and guidance?
- What causes a negative reaction to practices considered fringe?
- What is our language problem?
- How do religion and minimalism align?
- How do you define religion?
- How important is order?
- What are the polarities of feasting and fasting?
- How do you define spirituality?
- Is Rob Bell still a Christian?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from “That Work” – SLG at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Labels are useful, but not as powerful as our everyday actions.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Actions speak louder than labels.” —Ryan Nicodemus